Frequently Asked Questions

We encourage you and your representative to carefully read and understand the following questions and answers to have a better understanding of the Florida EB-5 Regional Center and the EB-5 Visa Process.

How can an interested investor apply for the EB-5 visa through the Florida EB-5 Regional Center?
Interested investors should begin by contacting our office or clicking “Register here to Start” on our web site. We will answer your questions and provide you with all the necessary information to get started.

Can my family be included on my EB-5 Visa application?
Yes, your qualified $500,000 investment allows your spouse and your unmarried children, who are under the age of 21 at the time of your EB-5 application, to receive their own EB-5 visas.

Is it required to show that I am in good health?
Yes. You must prove that you and any accompanying family members are in good physical and mental health, and do not have any diseases.

Must I have previous business experience or education?
No. There are no education requirements for EB-5 visa applicants and the investor is not required to have any prior business experience.

Must I speak English?
No, it is not required.

What is the investment required?
An investment of $500,000 is required, which will be verified by the USCIS to have been lawfully gained.

Are there any other fees in addition to the $500,000 investment?
As each Project is different, please contact us for a list of current administration fees.

What is meant by the requirement that the investor’s assets be “lawfully gained”?
Under USCIS regulations, the investor must demonstrate that investment assets were gained in a lawful manner. Requiring the Investor to prove their investment funds were obtained through lawful business, salary, investments, property sales, inheritance, gift, loan, or other lawful means. This may be accomplished through certificates by the investor’s licensed accountants, lawyers, court records, salary statements, tax statements, real estate documents and the like.

What is a Targeted Employment Area (TEA)?
A Targeted Employment Area is a geographic area designated by the State of Florida and defined as a rural area or an area which has experienced high unemployment.

Where will the investments be located?
The investments will all be located in Targeted Employment Areas within the state of Florida.

Where does my money go when I participate in the Florida EB-5 Regional Center?
When you sign the Subscription Agreement you will wire the amount of your investment plus the Administration Fee to our Escrow Account.

Is my investment guaranteed?
Investments are structured to ensure capital preservation, while offering an attractive return on investment through a diverse investment portfolio. Under the law, however, the Regional Center cannot guarantee profit or the return of the principal investment. Any such explicit guarantee would invalidate your EB-5 visa petition.

Will the Florida EB-5 Regional Center assist me in the application process?
The Florida EB-5 Regional Center cannot provide legal advice; however, an investor representativewill help guide you through every step of the immigration process.

What is the difference between “conditional” and “unconditional” green cards?
The conditional green card is valid for a two year period. The “unconditional” green card has no expiration date.

Who receives the permanent residency green card?
The investor, their spouse and any unmarried children under the age of 21 at the time of the I-526 petition.

How long must I remain in the United States each year?
The first requirement of any investor after they receive the visa at the United States overseas consulate office is to enter into the United States within 180 days of visa issuance from the consulate. The investor must then establish residency in the United States. Evidence of intent to reside includes opening bank accounts, obtaining a driver’s license or social security number, paying state and federal income taxes, renting or buying a home. The United States resident may work overseas if required based upon the nature of the business or profession. For those permanent residents living outside the U.S., we suggest the investor and family re-enter the U.S. no less than once every six months

What is the difference between permanent residency and citizenship?
There are two ways to become a U.S. citizen. One is by being born in the U.S. or being born to a U.S. citizen. The other way is by naturalization. The first step in becoming a U.S. citizen through naturalization is to receive a Green Card. Being a Green Card holder for 5 years is one of the basic requirements for qualifying for naturalization. A second requirement is being physically present in the U.S. for 30 months during the 5 years prior to the naturalization application. Once becoming a U.S. citizen, an individual is entitled to benefits including the right to vote and hold public office.

Will my children be able to remain in school in the U.S. if I leave the U.S.?

Experience Culinary Freedom in the USA